[mythtv-users] How to tune BBC HD channels?

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Fri Jun 29 21:24:08 UTC 2007

Ed W wrote:
>> I can confirm that I'm not able to record the BBC-HD signal from DVB-T
>> at the moment.  The last thing I recorded was on 10th June, which did
>> work.  I haven't changed anything since then on my system (SVN from
>> about 2 months ago) so I guess that either:
>> The format of the DVB-T broadcast has been changed in a way that
>> mythtv doesn't understand, or
>> They're not broadcasting at the moment on DVB-T.  I'll try again after
>> 7pm which I think is when the transmission normally starts.
> Hi, presumably you can't "view" livetv either.  Just checking your
> terminology
> Can you confirm which multiplex you (used to) get it on, ie freq?  I
> wonder if I just can't see that multiplex?
> Cheers
> Ed W

The London BBC HD1 channel showed up on on my system which was first
configured in late May. (I'm 5 miles south of Crystal Palace) Although
the program guide information feed that was there two weeks ago seems to
have vanished. My system ground to a halt when I tried to view it live
and I haven't bothered to do any more with it after I read the
suggestions that that a cluster of cray's are required to decode it in
real time!

believed to be clean.