[mythtv-users] Xbox MythTv with SVN trunk?

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Fri Jun 29 19:25:55 UTC 2007

On 6/29/07, Michael Drons <mdrons at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Read this...
> http://www.knizefamily.net/russ/software/xbox.html

thanks, I've been staring at that page for days now, thinking if that
is one user experience after one months hackatron, or common practice
nowadays. :)

> Make sure you update the xorg.conf file after
> installing the nvxbox driver before rebooting.
>
> I have spent days working on this and just got
> everything working last night.

What did you spend days with? That pages instructions have pretty much
just one line if you leave kernel upgrade undone. I thought it is not
just that simple. Could you please tell some more info what you did,
so us others shouldn't spend days with it. If you still remember.

I upgraded it once to etch, but at the time I didn't know about the
nvxbox driver for xorg, so I deleted the non-x xebian.... :(

> I did not make the jump to kernel 2.6, as everything I
> have seen so it is not worth the time and effort.  So
> still running the kernel that comes in 1.1.4 build of
> xebian.

and after all this trouble you are satisfied with the mythtv xbox? Was
it worth it? So far I've been using the xbmcmythtv for more than 2
years I guess, and I'm curious about the linux alternative... Already
wasted couple of nights trying and erroring different ways of
compiling svn on it...

Thanks for encouraging info it's doable!