[mythtv-users] Sorry, but I don't want to pay much

Bill Omer bill.omer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 19:25:53 UTC 2007

> Not Nielsen.  They just count things.
>
> It might make the networks nervous... but flagging isn't the issue;
> skipping is.
>
> And *knowing* how many people flag and skip is useful data, too; as
> noted, 40% of commercials get watched, even by people who could skip
> them.

The more commercials are known to be skipped, the advertising methods
will shift accordingly.  Product placement within shows is becoming
more and more common for just this reason.  They (the networks) will
always complain about people not watching their wonderful commercials,
but its inevitable that they are becoming less of a successful form of
advertising.

-Bill