[mythtv-users] How to tune BBC HD channels?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:38:25 UTC 2007

On 29/06/07, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> > The schedule is on radiotimes.com.
>
> Couldn't find it.  Every time I click the "other" channels option it
> says "can't do that right now"...  However, assume it's a temporary glitch
>
> > I'm failry sure they always have
> > something on, but it's usually just rubbishy previews of what is coming
> > up.  Thats certainly the case for DVB-S anyway.
> >

> Hmm, any idea why it's not showing up on my channel scan of the DVB-T
> transmitter from Crystal Palace?  All the other stuff is coming through
> (including the encrypted ones now that I clicked the appropriate
> button), but nothing which looks like an HD channel...
>
> This is with SVN from a few days ago

I can confirm that I'm not able to record the BBC-HD signal from DVB-T
at the moment.  The last thing I recorded was on 10th June, which did
work.  I haven't changed anything since then on my system (SVN from
about 2 months ago) so I guess that either:

The format of the DVB-T broadcast has been changed in a way that
mythtv doesn't understand, or

They're not broadcasting at the moment on DVB-T.  I'll try again after
7pm which I think is when the transmission normally starts.

The DVB-S is a genuine broadcast (I think) whereas the DVB-T version
is a trial so maybe it doesn't follow the guide exactly.