[mythtv-users] Colour and Hue

Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:16:35 UTC 2007

What do Colour and Hue in channel settings do?

I get the basics of image manipulation, and I had to bump up contrast
and brigtness on WGN on cable for some reason, but the color is washed
out...  I'd like to increase "saturation" but I'm not sure what that
would be...

I know hue refers to WHICH color.  but are they connected?  Like, if I
were in an image manipulation program, I could pick the hue (specific
color) and bump it up or down, OR I could pick a control called
"saturation" and crank it up to go from Black and White to fully
cartoon quality color...    So...

Can someone explain more in words what the "Colour" and "Hue" controls
do specifically?