[mythtv-users] This is not a spam

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:43:54 UTC 2007

On 29/06/07, Andrew Close < aclose at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/29/07, Phil Bridges < gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Everyone,

> user(s).
> the
> > >
> > > Um, I have received zero or rather zero have made it to by mailbox.
> > >
> > > Sure it isn't just you?
> > >
> > > Are you sure your spamassasin or similar is running?
> > >
> > > Dave
> >
> > I believe I've had two hit my gmail account.
>
> i've had two hit my Gmail account as well.  i didn't look to see
> whether they were sent directly to me or to the list, but both of them
> were from some form of MythTv/MythTv-User.  i'm pretty sure they went
> to the list because my filters tagged them as from the MythTv mailing
> list...

Yes I've had two from the list two. It looks like they may have come from
compromised machines.

One on "mythtv <mythtv at peeron.com> "
The other from "mcooper.demon.co.uk"
from        mythtv-users <mythtv-users at mcooper.demon.co.uk> 03:25 (13 hours
ago)
    reply-to        Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
    mythtv-users at mythtv.org,
mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org,
mythtv-users-owner at mythtv.org,
mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org,
mythtv-dev at mythtv.org
    date        29-Jun-2007 03:25
    subject        [mythtv-users] rude polar bear
    mailed-by        mythtv.org

I'm sure the moderators will remove the rogue accounts in time, but Mr
Cooper might want to check his machine?

Steve