[mythtv-users] configure did not detect my cpu

r2d2 r2d2z4j6y8 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 13:07:19 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am compiling release-0-20-fixes of mythtv under a 32bits kubuntu edgy eft
on a intel C2D E6300 and I am retrieving the following message while
./configure --enable-dvb --disable-proc-opt --disable-xvmc

*** WARNING ***
 Your CPU was not detected properly:
   uname -m: i686
   uname -p: unknown
 model name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300  @ 1.86GHz
      flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm constant_tsc
pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm

 If you are using a recent CVS checkout,
 please e-mail the above to mythtv-users at mythtv.org
 With the subject "configure did not detect my cpu"

# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           no
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              x86 (model name    : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6300
@ 1.86GHz)
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     yes
Apple Remote     no
Video4Linux sup. yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      yes [/usr/include]
DBox2 support    yes
HDHomeRun sup.   yes
CRC Ip Rec sup.  yes
FreeBox support  yes

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     no
DTS passthrough  no

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     no
XvMC VLD support no
XvMC pro support no
XvMC OpenGL sup. no
Mac accel.       no
OpenGL vsync     no
DirectFB         no

# Misc Features
Frontend         yes
Backend          yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl    no
Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

WARNING: If you plan to watch HDTV recordings you probably
         need to run ./configure with --enable-proc-opt

libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h is unchanged

Why my cpu isn't properly detected ?

Regards.