[mythtv-users] AppleTV Hack

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Fri Jun 29 12:45:31 UTC 2007

Hmmm, very interesting hack here;

JAMAN, a P2P movie download company that focuses on indie and
international content, has found a way to install its service on AppleTV
<http://gigaom.com/2007/06/28/jaman-now-playing-on-appletv/> . Jaman
offers both rentals and downloadable purchases, and copyright-protected
status will remain in place when content is viewed on AppleTV. Video
quality of the downloads is said to be "stunning" compared to videos
purchased from Apple. The software will be released within the next few
weeks.

So basically Jaman have worked out a way to 'unofficially' offer their
content on the Apple TV closed set-top box solution.

Wonder if this will get booted? If it doesn't almost make it worthwhile
to buy an Apple TV which I've resisted until now. (also wonder how many
calls Jaman have had this week to 'license' their hack to other content
vendors).

Cheers,

Dean
P.S. For anyone who watched Studio 60 last night and didn't think it's
the biggest mistake in Television that they aren't bringing this show
back...you are heartless and have no taste. I cant believe this isn't
getting the green light for a second season.

www.collins.net.pr/blog