[mythtv-users] Can't Get pcHDTV-5500 To Work With MythTV

Donald J. Maddox dmaddox099 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 11:15:11 UTC 2007

> Your key comment, to me, is 'I can also tune all the analog channels
> with tvtime....' So that side works, but the other does not. That
> implies that either the cx88_dvb module is not being loaded, or the
> changeover is not working.

No, if you re-read my original email, you'll see that I say quite
clearly that BOTH parts - digital AND analog - work fine - just not with
MythTV.  I can watch all the digital channels with mplayer with no problems.

>  From comments on this list, it appears that you need to enter the card
> twice in mythtv-setup, once as NTSC and once as ATSC. I have never seen
> any explanation of how myth (and it must be myth) handles the module
> at once.

This, in my understanding is wrong.  You are supposed to configure it as
a single DVB card, then configure the analog section (by clicking the
analog button on the same page as the DVB configuration) to get the
analog channels.

> The best I could come up with was a small script to removed the unwanted
> nodule and load the desired module, but I have no idea how that could be
> triggered from inside myth. It's supposed to 'just work' and maybe it
> does, but you will need to mumble the correct incantations and sacrifice
> a goat at the dark of the moon as best I can tell.
>
> Seriously, try loading the cx88_dvb module alone and see if your
> hardware shows up at /dev/dvb/adapter0 etc.
>
> Geoff

My hardware already shows up and works just fine - just not under MythTV.