[mythtv-users] Xbox MythTv with SVN trunk?

ikke ikke at iki.fi
Fri Jun 29 10:59:02 UTC 2007

Hi,

I thought I give a try for linux MythTv frontend on old xbox. My
backend is SVN trunk, so old versions are out of question. However it
seems that trunk version doesn't compile on Xebian, which is same as
debian sarge. And Xebian is not officially updateable to etch, which
would have the missing libraries (libqt3-mt-dev).

Has anyone been able to run >.20 trunk version of MythTv on Xebian? How?

The biggest problems on upgrading to etch seems to be:

1. xf86 -> xorg change, where xorg doesn't have the proper driver
module for xbox. Could it be run without X with fbdev?

2. Kernel jump from 2.4 -> 2.6. There seems to be some brave people
hacking 2.6 to be xbox compatible, but it doesn't seem too stable yet.

 -i