[mythtv-users] how to see list of archived recordings?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jun 29 02:31:21 UTC 2007

* On Wed Jun 27, 2007 at 11:25:12PM -0400, mythtv at proberto.com wrote:
> [posting both to user & dev list, as it seems to me that the topic borders]

Still doesn't make it (crossposting) a good idea.

> the supposed answer is no, so how do i accomplish it?

Easy enough with current SVN trunk head.

Burn your .mpg or .nuv files to CD/DVD using your favorite burning software
or MythArchive if that will let you burn leaving the file in its original
format and then remove the original file.

Just move the recordings into an 'Archived' Recording Group.  You don't have
to look at them but can easily see what is archived.

Add a new 'Archived' Storage Group and add /mnt/cdrom (or wherever your
CD/DVDs are normally mounted) as the only directory to the new Storage Group.
Move the archived recordings into this Storage Group by setting
recorded.storagegroup = 'Archived' for the recordings.

Change the recorded.category field to the disk number and use a theme that
shows the category of the video on the watch recordings screen or modify the
one you use to do that.  You can use %CATEGORY% in the text of a widget in
the theme to substitute the category in.

Now, whenever you go to play one of these recordings, it will search for it in
the directory where the CD/DVD is mounted.

--
Chris