[mythtv-users] mythlcdserver and MythVideo

Ben Lancaster lists at benlancaster.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 23:22:56 UTC 2007

> I have mythlcdserver/LCDProc up and running without problems.  I am
> able to see status on the LCD for MythMusic, Recordings, Live TV,
> menus, etc.  However, all the display shows is the time when watching
> something with MythVideo.  Is there a way to get MythVideo to display
> status on the LCD?
>
> Googling provided:
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2006-October/
> 063330.html
>
> Does MythTV now how to interpret the output of "-identify"?
>
> MythTV: 0.20.1
> MythVideo Player = mplayer

This is something I looked in to some time ago, and my findings at
that stage told me mplayer's lack of support piping useful output
anywhere other than stdout is the issue. My guess is you'd need to
write some kind of wrapper for mplayer to parse mplayer's stdout
verbosity into something useful that can be chucked to mythlcdserver

Am interested to know your findings if you get further than me.