[mythtv-users] How to tune BBC HD channels?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:44:56 UTC 2007

On 28/06/07, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:
> OK, just updated to recent CVS.  Now how do I import the channels for
> the BBC HD trial?

Is that DVB-T or DVB-S?

If it's DVB-T (ie from the Crystal Palace transmitter) then the
channel scan should just find the BBC-HD channel automatically
(channum 501 for me), and you can record it as normal.  I don't know
about DVB-S.

..but watching those recording is another kettle of fish!  I can do it
only be transcoding from H.264 to MPEG2.  You need a very chunky
system to be able to decode H.264 in real time.

Good Luck.