[mythtv-users] HDMI Motherboard w/ nvidia chipset?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Jun 28 16:28:53 UTC 2007

On 06/14/2007 05:33 PM, Simon Koch wrote:
> On 6/13/07, *Maverick* <mavantix at gmail.com
> <mailto:mavantix at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Anyone know if any mobo manufacturers plan on making HDMI output
>     boards with nvidia chipsets?
>
>     The only ones I can find are ATI. Am I correct that I would have
>     issues with an ATI card and linux/MythTV compatibility?
>

> There are a few new motherboards with the nForce 630a/GeForce7050 that
> have HDMI onboard.  Unfortunately, the video is not yet supported by
> the nVidia linux drivers.  Rumor has it that it will be supported soon:
> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=92008

I just bought a Biostar TF7050-M2 which uses the GeForce 7050PV.  HDMI
works great as long as you use the nVidia 100.14.11drivers.  I haven't
had a chance to work on the audio yet.  Besides I use digital sound to
my amp.  Would be nice to just send stereo through the TV speakers when
watching non-surround material, maybe someday I'll get around to it.

--
David