[mythtv-users] Mythdvd only allows ISO and Perfect why?

William Munson william_munson at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 28 15:21:25 UTC 2007

Gregg wrote:
> I am trying to rip a dvd with mythdvd, and It only gives me two
> options "iso" or "perfect".  How do I fix it to allow the "good" and
> "better" option?
>
> Thanks.

You need to have the myth transcode daemon (mtd) running. You can start
it from the commmand line after myth is running but its probably better
to start it as a daemon before hand. Try running 'mtd --daemon' as root
and then restart the backend and frontend both and you should be able to
rip to lower quality settings.