[mythtv-users] Zap2It - isn't this a two part problem?

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 14:23:29 UTC 2007

> However, that said, NNTP is actually a better technology for this sort
> of thing.  The files are not particularly large by today's scales.

What about rsync? This data dissemination problem seems like it would
be a really good fit for rsync:

- it's mostly text information
- a lot of small files (assuming we want to keep days+channels in
separate files)
- only has to send *changes* to the files

For each new day, it will need to take an entirely new copy of the
data, but when it refreshes a previous day, there will be almost no
data transfer, since the schedule is mostly the same.

It would be a lot of individual requests, unfortunately. You'd want to
be able to request each day+channel individually.