[mythtv-users] Can't Get pcHDTV-5500 To Work With MythTV

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:58:54 UTC 2007

On 6/26/07, Donald J. Maddox <dmaddox099 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> HOWEVER, MythTV cannot find even a single digital channel with it's
> built-in channel scanner - not even if I point it to my known-working
> with mplayer channels.conf!  Although it does appear to be able to find
> all the analog channels when I scan for them, it will not tune them in
> live TV if I switch to that input.
>
> Anybody have any idea what might be going wrong here?  The box is an
> updated Fedora Core 6 machine with kernel 2.6.20-1.2962 (didn't work
> with .2952 either), and my MythTV version is installed from the
> 0.20.1-158 rp

I have done successful channel scans with an HD-5500 in F7 and FC5 using
mythtv.  I don't imagine there's a specific problem with FC6.  I'd make sure
that your frequency tables are set correctly (broadcast or cable) and you're
using the correct modulation (QAM-256).  Also, it maybe necessary to "open
DVB card on demand" (from mythtv-setup -> Capture Cards -> <HD-5500 card> ->
Recording Options).  You also may want to adjust the timeouts to something
more like 5500 msec.

I believe the kernel that I was using when I did the scan was
kernel-2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 if you're interested.

--
Dylan

Type faster.  Use Dvorak:
http://dvzine.org