[mythtv-users] More TV settings questions

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Thu Jun 28 01:22:03 UTC 2007

Firstly, thanks to all the help I received here, I have my MythTV setup
playing via my big CRT TV. I have a couple of follow-up questions,
though:

When I unplug the monitor so that only the TV is connected, and log out
or restart, the TV seems to pick up the monitor's settings (esp.
resolution). I've tried several adjustments to xorg.conf to resolve
this, but with no success. What's the best way of achieving the
objective of being able to plug the monitor in and remove it when
required, so that the TV settings are not affected? The video card is an
nVidia 5500.

Secondly, I am seeing a bit of keystoning on the TV. Is there any way to
adjust this within MythTV, or in xorg.conf?

Thanks,

Des

--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-866-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support