[mythtv-users] TwinhanDTV Ter-CI

Jan Prinsloo janroot at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:28:22 UTC 2007

Dear List,

I'm a South African stuck in the Netherlands for a while. Anyway to cut a
long story short, seems like the local cable company will not be able to
provide me with a proper signal....EVER! So much for my brand spanking new
PVR-500 card :( My next option is to go for something they call "Digitenne"
over here. This is basically DVB-T broadcasts. The only catch is that to be
able to make use of proper channels, you have to get a settopbox(yuck!)
which will decode the encrypted signal. This unit also makes use of a
smartcard in order for the whole shebang to properly work. I have so far
figured out that I will be able to purchase a smartcard alone and stuck this
into a CONAX -CI and voila, good DVB-T TV. My question now to you is the
following:
1. Have anyone had any experience with the TwinhanDTV Ter-CI card?
http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_4.asp
2. Is this card properly supported under Linux? IOW is someone maintaining
proper kernel modules that will enable all features of this device?
3. Specific to the CI interface, anyone using this or tested this, does it
work, and how much of an issue is this(CI interface) to set up?

Any remarks/views/comments/help will be much appreciated!