[mythtv-users] Any Gentoo MythWeb users who could help out?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 19:12:46 UTC 2007

On 6/27/07, Anthony Floyd <anthonyfloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi!
>
> > 1) In the mythtv.org wiki it says I need to ensure that mod_env and
> > mod_rewrite modules are enabled. How do I do this?
>
> As you've discovered, in the default ebuild, these are enabled.
>
> > 2) If I try to access the backend at http://192.168.1.55/mythweb/ from
>
> > 3) If I go a bit further and try to access mythweb.php I get the
> > following error messages:
>
> Both of these are due to the missing bits in .htaccess.  What's odd is
> that the ebuild should have dropped one in the appropriate directory.
> You don't say what version you're using, but I'll send you my 0.19
> .htaccess off-list.
>
> HTH,

Hi,
   Thanks Anthony, Robert, Keith, Jarom and Preston. I'm now
officially in overwhelm mode. I will be spending time reading all the

   I am not an IT guy and have no real training. I just mess around
until I learn it, usually the hard way, and finally get it working.
Hopefully I will get there. Sometimes I'm slow.

   For clarity my system is all 0.20 based. All 6 Linux boxes are Gentoo:

dragonfly: @192.168.1.55 is the backend

dragonfly, rocker, lightning, myth12, myth14 and sector9 are all frontends

gamer (lightning's dual boot name) is my Win XP box. Currently it
knows nothing much about my network but I want MythWeb to work here
most of all.

   All of my Linux machines have the mysql file set as such to work on
the network:

DBHostName=dragonfly
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythconverg
DBType=QMYSQL3

   I notice one possible problem when starting Apache:

dragonfly mythweb # /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
 * Stopping apache2 ...
apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name,
using 192.168.1.55 for ServerName
                                                          [ ok ]
 * Starting apache2 ...
apache2: Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name,
using 192.168.1.55 for ServerName
                                                          [ ok ]
dragonfly mythweb #

   Should I fix that (how?) or should I possible use this section from
.htaccess?

    # By default, MythWeb uses the hostname program to look up the
hostname of the
    # machine it runs on.  If this reports incorrect data, or you run
MythWeb on a
    # machine without the hostname program, set this to your current hostname.
    #
    #   setenv hostname         "my_mythbox"

   Anyway, I'm feeling a bit lost at this point so I'd best just do
some reading and see if it clear up at all.

   Thanks for all the info.

Cheers,
Mark