[mythtv-users] MythFill* entries in settings table have host name?

Simon Koch sfkoch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:29:18 UTC 2007

For running mythfilldatabase automatically, mythbackend looks for settings
records with the backend's hostname or NULL hostname, right?  For some
reason (probably old data from previous versions), I have no such records.
The NextRun and SuggestedRun settings are the only ones with NULL
hostnames.  All the rest (like MythFillEnabled) are duplicated 10 or so
times with hostnames of frontend machines I've used in the past.  Is paring
them down to one record per setting and changing the hostname to NULL the
right thing to do?  Right now, this is my leading theory about why
mythfilldatabase isn't actually running automatically.

Thanks,
    Simon