[mythtv-users] Any Gentoo MythWeb users who could help out?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:24:52 UTC 2007

Hi,
   Are there any Gentoo MythWeb users out there who could help a bit?

   I'm trying to set up MythWeb on our Gentoo backend. I'm following two Wiki's:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythWeb_readme
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythWeb

   Unfortunately I've never run Apache and know nothing about setting
it up. As a result MythWeb is not working so far.

   Some questions:

1) In the mythtv.org wiki it says I need to ensure that mod_env and
mod_rewrite modules are enabled. How do I do this?

2) If I try to access the backend at http://192.168.1.55/mythweb/ from
my Linux desktop or a Windows machine I only get a directory listing:

Parent Directory                             -
[DIR] data/                   27-Jun-2007 09:19    -
[DIR] includes/               27-Jun-2007 09:19    -
[DIR] js/                     27-Jun-2007 09:19    -
[DIR] modules/                27-Jun-2007 09:19    -
[   ] mythweb.php             27-Jun-2007 09:19  939
[TXT] mythweb.pl              27-Jun-2007 09:19  2.5K
[DIR] skins/                  27-Jun-2007 09:19

3) If I go a bit further and try to access mythweb.php I get the
following error messages:

Database Setup Error

The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
included .htaccess file. Please read through the comments included
in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.

Some possible solutions are to make sure that mod_env is enabled
in httpd.conf, as well as having followed the instructions in the
README about the AllowOverride settings.

There aren't any db_* variables in .htaccess so I don't know what to configure.

   Sorry that this is so general. I think it's a big hard job for
which I am unprepared to do but I would really like to get it working.

Thanks in advance,
Mark