[mythtv-users] Mythtv-vid branch, Need more horsepower!

Jake Palmer jakep_82 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:55:11 UTC 2007

>From: "Staffan Pettersson" <staffan.pettersson at gmail.com>
>To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>Subject: [mythtv-users] Mythtv-vid branch, Need more horsepower!
>Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:35:04 +0200
>
>Hi!
>
>I been trying out the new mythv-vid branch and i really like the opengl
>renderer with the linearblend 2x deinterlace filter, It gives superior
>image
>quality over xv bob 2x on my hdtv display. The problem is that my hardware
>cant even cope with SD material with these settings :=(.
>
>My hardware is:
>Pentium 4 prescott 2.4ghz
>512mb memory
>Nvidia 6200 agp 8x card
>
>Hardware planning to purchase:
>Intel dual core E6420, 2.13Ghz
>2GB DDR2 memory
>Nvidia Geforce 8600GTS 256mb
>
>Will the new hardware be enough for all the mythtv-vid goodies?
>My tv provider is soon to be providing Hdtv broadcast and the standard will
>be H.264. My new mythbox must have power to decode this also.
>
>What do you guys think?  Is it good choice of hardware?
>
>Ps. Have anyone gotten opengl-xvmc working with i geforce 6200 card? My
>screen just turns black when enable it.
>
>Best regards Staffan

I have the same problem with opengl-xvmc.  I have a better processor (X2
3800+), but the same video card as you.  I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm also looking to upgrade my video card to see what the vid branch can
really do.  I recall Daniel saying something along the lines of a 6200 being
about the minimum for SD material using the newer deinterlacers.  That seems
to be my experience, although even my 6200 isn't enough for some of the
better stuff.

Jake