[mythtv-users] ivtv capture is good, but mythtv hoses it

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 15:42:36 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 06/25/2007 10:42 PM, Aaron Nauman wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any idea whether the changes in the ivtv settings
>> below could cause jitter while capturing?
>>

> Use the attached script to find your recording profile details, i.e.:
>
> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg < recording_profile.sql > results
>
> For comparison, the values I use are value at the bottom of this post.
> It gives basically VCR quality recordings that are 1.15GiB/hr.  Really,
> the AvgBitrate should probably be 4500 and the MaxBitrate should be 6000
> for best quality (anything higher--for either--is wasted bits), but I
> chose quantity over quality (the source is low quality, anyway).  The
> stream type is critical...
>
> Mike
>
>         Profile: Default
>           Width: 720
>          Height: 480
>      StreamType: DVD-Special 2
>     AspectRatio: 4:3
>      AvgBitrate: 2200
>      MaxBitrate: 3000
> AudioSampleRate: 48000
>      MP3Quality: 7
>  MPEG2AudioType: Layer II
>  AudioBitrateL1: 448
>  AudioBitrateL2: 256

Mike,
Can you expound on the stream type point? I see you have DVD-Special 2.
I'm using the default that's first selected in the recording profile,
something like Mpeg2-TS or similar.
Is there a big difference between that and DVD-Special? Do these streams
have anything to do with the fps of the recordings?
Thanks.
Raphael