[mythtv-users] FW:HD TV's Slow Addoption

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jun 27 13:26:12 UTC 2007

Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> Somebody's gotta bite the bullet.  If networks don't provide HD content,
> consumers are not going to pay the extra for an HD set to receive SD.
> Consumers should not be the ones expected to take the gamble on the
> other side coming to the party.  That is usually the job of the producer
> in a producer-consumer relationship seeing as the producer is usually
> the one making the money out of their relationships.

I've heard all this before, just replace "HD" with "color".

I notice that it's pretty rare to see a B+W set these days though.

The biggest problem is a lack of understanding on the part of just about
everyone of the difference between "digital" and "Hi-Def".

If you ever need a laugh, just go down to your local Circuit City and
listen to some 18-year-old minimum wager "explain" things to a potential
customer.

BEWW