[mythtv-users] KWorld 115 (saa7134) HD -> analog = death

Larry Jones larry at foxgulch.com
Wed Jun 27 11:49:02 UTC 2007

Sean Goodpasture wrote:
> Actually I got this working...  Ugh :-)  Dontcha hate when you ask and
> then figure it out?
>
> Anyway, to anyone that cares, I had to add /options dvb-core
> dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 /to my modules.conf, reboot and everything
> works fine (other than the XvMC segfault).
>
> Sean
>
> On 6/26/07, *Sean Goodpasture* <goofygrin at gmail.com
> <mailto:goofygrin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've got a couple KWorld 115's up and running, both analog (cable)
>     and HD (QAM).
>
>     If all 4 tuners (2 analog v4l, 2 DVB) are set up as separate
>     cards, everything works great, except that myth will try and use
>     the SD portion of an HD card, when it's already recording (bad,
>     segfault, get to hard reboot).
>
>     If I set the parentid on the 4vl input to it's corresponding DVB
>     input (or vice-versa), then mytv is good from a scheduling
>     perspective.
>
>     However, there are two issues:
>
>     1. When I switch from an HD channel to an SD channel, I get video
>     for a split second, then black video and static audio.  Changing
>     analog stations sometimes clears it up.
>     2. The above actually causes a seg-fault -> exit mythfrontend if
>     I've got XvMC turned on (latest nvidia drivers, 5200 card).
>
>     Does anyone have a solution to #1?  I'm not horribly concerned
>     about #2 because my front ends all don't run XvMC (my backend has
>     to since it's only a P4 1.8 [it's got the 5200 in it].
>
>     I'm running MythDora 4 and I've run yum update \*myth\* on this box.
>     uname -a:
>     Linux mythbackend1 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Apr 10 18:46:45
>     EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
>     mythbackend --version:
>     Library API version: 0.20.20060828-4
>     Source code version: Unknown
>     Options compiled in:
>      linux release using_xvmcw using_lmsensors using_v4l using_oss
>     using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire
>     using_dbox2 using_hdhr using_ip_rec using_freebox using_live
>     using_lirc using_joystick_menu using_dvb using_x11 using_xv
>     using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_opengl_vsync
>     using_opengl using_frontend using_backend using_bindings_perl
>
>     Thanks!

Sean,

I'm curious about one thing.  I have a KWorld 110 card which refuses to
give me analog SD when run under plain vanilla MythDora 4.0.  HD DVB
works fine. All the OTA HD digital stations are received OK. I see
DanielK has a "fix" posted in the source which brings up the SD
configuration menu when you are on the Mythsetup  KWorld 110 DVB page
(which never shows up for me).   So how does the  KWorld 115 handle the
SD input? (Where in mythsetup is the analog portion of the 115
configured,  channels scanned... source selected, etc?)

Also my KWorld 110 main chip is a philips  SAA7135  which loads as a
SAA7133.   Does your KWorld 115 use the SAA7135?
(http://www.nxp.com/acrobat_download/literature/9397/75010349.pdf)

Thanks,

Larry

Also I