[mythtv-users] KWorld 115 (saa7134) HD -> analog = death

Sean Goodpasture goofygrin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 04:10:46 UTC 2007

I've got a couple KWorld 115's up and running, both analog (cable) and HD
(QAM).

If all 4 tuners (2 analog v4l, 2 DVB) are set up as separate cards,
everything works great, except that myth will try and use the SD portion of
an HD card, when it's already recording (bad, segfault, get to hard reboot).

If I set the parentid on the 4vl input to it's corresponding DVB input (or
vice-versa), then mytv is good from a scheduling perspective.

However, there are two issues:

1. When I switch from an HD channel to an SD channel, I get video for a
split second, then black video and static audio.  Changing analog stations
sometimes clears it up.
2. The above actually causes a seg-fault -> exit mythfrontend if I've got
XvMC turned on (latest nvidia drivers, 5200 card).

Does anyone have a solution to #1?  I'm not horribly concerned about #2
because my front ends all don't run XvMC (my backend has to since it's only
a P4 1.8 [it's got the 5200 in it].

I'm running MythDora 4 and I've run yum update \*myth\* on this box.
uname -a:
Linux mythbackend1 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6 #1 SMP Tue Apr 10 18:46:45 EDT 2007
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

mythbackend --version:
Library API version: 0.20.20060828-4
Source code version: Unknown
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_xvmcw using_lmsensors using_v4l using_oss using_alsa
using_arts using_jack using_ivtv using_firewire using_dbox2 using_hdhr
using_ip_rec using_freebox using_live using_lirc using_joystick_menu
using_dvb using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl using_frontend using_backend
using_bindings_perl

Thanks!