[mythtv-users] Can't Get pcHDTV-5500 To Work With MythTV

Donald J. Maddox dmaddox099 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 03:29:35 UTC 2007

I have an existing working MythTV installation that I have been using
via the firewire port on my DCT-6200 cable box.  I have had no problems
at all with the firewire tuner.

Recently, I purchased a pcHDTV-5500 card and added it to this machine -
but I can't get MythTV to use the card at all, really.

The card is recognized, and all the drivers load successfully.  I was
able to create a channels.conf file for mplayer with scandvb, and
mplayer can tune and play all the existing digital (QAM-256) channels
that are not encrypted.  I can also tune all the analog channels with
tvtime without problems.

HOWEVER, MythTV cannot find even a single digital channel with it's
built-in channel scanner - not even if I point it to my known-working
with mplayer channels.conf!  Although it does appear to be able to find
all the analog channels when I scan for them, it will not tune them in
live TV if I switch to that input.

Anybody have any idea what might be going wrong here?  The box is an
updated Fedora Core 6 machine with kernel 2.6.20-1.2962 (didn't work
with .2952 either), and my MythTV version is installed from the
0.20.1-158 rpms.