[mythtv-users] want to disable /proc/acpi/alarm wakeup

Mark A. Miller mamillerpa at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 22:59:30 UTC 2007

My MythDora 4 system is powering itself on at the time specified in

I can see how many people would really like this, but right now I would
like to leave my system off most of the time.  I have tried cat'ing a
null string to /proc/acpi/alarm, but that didn't work

   bash: echo: write error: Invalid argument

I have Asus M2N-E motherboard.  The system wakes up whether the alarm
functionality is enabled or disabled in the BIOS.

Can anyone tell me how to disable this wakeup function?