[mythtv-users] Streaming Radio - Native Support

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:48:35 UTC 2007

On 6/26/07, Eric Jorgensen <alhaz at xmission.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:35:28 -0400
> Matt <skd5aner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Quick question... I understand that the devs have their reasons, and
> > I'm OK with that.  Just curious if anyone can speak to why their isn't
> > any native support for streaming radio (and maybe TV) in mythmusic.  I
> > know mythstream is an unofficial plugin, but it doesn't appear to be
> > actively developed anymore (or very little at least).
>

>   iirc, because everybody hates mythmusic, and nobody cares enough to
> replace it.

haha, fair enough... but use what you got I suppose?  I've started to
use mythmusic a lot more than I used to.  Although the interface is
fairly terrible (IMHO), the functionality it provides is fairly good
and I do like several of the improvements that the devs have put into
SVN over the past 6 months of so.

On another note: I did find the other patch I was referring to.  I
knew it was one of the devs, just forgot it was eskil and where it
was: http://eskil.org/mythtv/

Anyway, maybe Eskil can talk about the future of the patch.

I do kind of like the way the screenshots look in the mythstream
plugin as well.  It's not a necessarily a bad solution either:
http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~moongies/streamtuned.html
In addition, this plugin handles streaming TV.  I know there's an IPTV
tuner available as well for TV, but I'm not sure how it handles
streaming channels, etc.

Thanks!
Matt