[mythtv-users] RIAA in trouble - relevant to us

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Tue Jun 26 17:27:36 UTC 2007

> In addition to that I have been exploring the idea of a

> small box that converts the analog HD that comes out of

> most STB component outputs into a firewire mpeg2 signal.

There are of course two problems with this:

1.    You are doing an analog capture, so the recording will be degraded
as a result of this.

2.    You will be doing a second (lossy) MPEG compression and will
degrade the original data further.

Now maybe it is good enough for most people, but an accurate recreation
of the original HD data stream it will not be.

Doug