[mythtv-users] Idea for Listings Data

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Tue Jun 26 17:12:03 UTC 2007

On Jun 25, 2007, at 4:56 PM, Rod Smith wrote:
> 1) There was *ONE* post that claimed an ISP (Comcast, IIRC) was
> actively
>    blocking NNTP access. I did a Google search and couldn't turn up
>    anything, and the original poster of that claim hasn't posted more
>    details. Thus, I'm inclined to skepticism on this claim. If
> confirmation
>    and more details emerge, though, I'm quite willing to listen.

It's news to me.  I had Comcast for a while, and they *ran* an NNTP
server.  Badly, granted. ;)  I also never had trouble connecting to
outside servers that were running private groups.

They do block some *incoming* ports, and NNTP may be one of them.
Incoming port 25 was blocked by Comcast for quite a while, and I've
discovered some ISPs are blocking all traffic on port 4444 for some
reason.