[mythtv-users] firewire capture alters standard cable display width

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 26 09:53:46 UTC 2007

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:28:46 -0700 "Tom Greer" <trgreer at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  Tim Fenn wrote:
> > I recently upgraded to all-HD, which went rather smoothly except for
> > one problem - capturing data over firewire works fine on HD
> > channels, but capturing standard def channels has the problem that
> > the right 1/4-1/3 of the display is cropped out.
>
> I have three DCT-6xxx boxes streaming high and standard definition
> content and I have never seen the problem that you describe.
>
> If I saw that problem, I would be exchanging the box with my cable
> provider for a new one.

I tried swapping out the DCT6200, and the results were the same.
Baffled, I brought it back again and asked for the dual tuner, DVR
loaded DCT6412 (for an additional 12 bucks a month, boo) - which worked
fine!  I'm a bit stumped, but my guess is the firmware on the 6200's I
was using.  Anyway, a bit of caveat emptor I suppose.

Regards,
-Tim