[mythtv-users] OT: EPIA 800 Fan is noisy

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Jun 26 00:13:44 UTC 2007

joe.white at wachovia.com wrote:
> I am using an EPIA 800A as a Myth Front end and have just replaced the
> annoying little CPU fan for the third time.  They seem to get squeaky like
> a cricket ever three months.  Grrr.  Is there a more durable fan, or
> perhaps a fanless, heatsink solution?

I have an Epia SP13000. I replaced the 40mm CPU fan with one from Silenx
and its still quiet after almost 18 months. I replaced an 80mm fan at
the same time with a Silenx and its good too.
I find however that I need to go at the fan in my power supply about
every 4 months with a damp Q-tip since it gets noisy when it's dirty.

Next time, or when the power supply dies, I will get an external power
supply in brick form.

Geoff

              R. Geoffrey Newbury

        Helping with the HTTP issue