[mythtv-users] using both firewire and svideo

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Jun 25 23:06:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 18:10 -0400, Raphael wrote:
> Well, it looks like input groups worked. What I did was make an input
> group called cable box and added both the svideo input of the pvr 150
> and the firewire input to it. Now when something is recording on one it
> treats a recording on the other as a conflict and reassigns it to the
> coax input of the other pvr-150 if possible.

Good to hear.

> So that worked great. There were a few hitches though:
>
> It seems that I couldn't compile the multirec branch of mythtv as
> provided in svn for some reason.
> I got the error
> xmlparse.o: file not recognized: File truncated
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

A 'make distclean' should fix this, xmlparse hasn't been changed
at all in this branch.

> Three other small problems came about as a result of this as well. One,
> the up and down keys no longer change channels properly: they instead
> reset the channel on any input back the starting channel. So if I'm on

I made some fixes to channel changing in the last couple weeks,
you may want to try an update.

> Anyone else using this branch have any experience with this?

Raphael, as far as I know you are the only person in the whole
wide world using thing branch with a firewire recorder. :)
There are only a half dozen people using it for any purpose.

If you decide to use this rather than just testing it for a
few hours and then reinstalling the backed up db, just make
sure that you look at dbcheck.cpp the next time you re-install, in case
there are any db updates you need to apply manually.
SVN branches other than head and 0.xx-fixes are not guaranteed
to update nicely to the next version.

-- Daniel