[mythtv-users] Decoding a UHF remote

Todd French toddfrench1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 19:30:57 UTC 2007

Jeremy,

I have the same dish boxes, I considered what you are talking about but
decided that it would be much easier to pay another $5 a month for a second
box.  I then use the TV2/UHF for other TV's like in the garage, and for a
roommates room.  However if I were to go about this what I would do is take
apart the remote, and just solder wires to the pads for the number buttons
and the select button, then you could use a serial/parallel relay/transitor
control app in linux.  I've implemented similar setups to control changing
stations on a radio before.

Todd