[mythtv-users] Transferring Edits to a New Mythbackend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 25 14:22:39 UTC 2007

On 06/25/2007 01:11 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> The right way to do that is to transfer them all as described in 23.7
>> and delete the "extras" using mythfrontend's nice user-friendly
>> interface.  You could instead edit the restore.sql file to remove the
>> extras, but chances are, that's a lot more work (and would definitely be
>> error prone).
>>
> Actually, I never thought to do the transfer that way. That makes a lot of
> sense and will insure that I don't miss anything.
>
> Thanks, I'll change the way I'm doing the transfer.

Thanks.  That's much easier than would be our trying to invent a new
(untested) way to transfer the data.  The stuff that makes it into the
HOWTO has been tested to ensure it works, so using its approach will
probably save us both time.  :)

If you want to transfer only the recording files that you want to keep,
you may want to "touch" the missing files.  There are several approaches
you can use to find out the filenames (but none in the HOWTO, so feel
free to ask for more info ;).

Let me know if you encounter any issues.

Mike