[mythtv-users] will Nova-T 500 work?

Eduard Huguet eduardhc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 06:24:45 UTC 2007

Some people are using some kind of script that monitorizes 'dmesg' and
restarts mythbackend as soon as the mt2060 read/write errors start to occur.

Also you could effectively try to upgrade your kernel, as it seems that the
problem is closesly related to the USB layout. As a recommendation, you
should also disable the DVB layout in kernel options and use lastest HG
drivers from LinuxTV.

I'm currently using Sabayon 3.3 (Gentoo) + 2.6.21-r3 + HG drivers with my
Nova-T 500 and the disconnect problem is really sporadic (also I have EIT
on, as I rely solely on it to retrieve program listings).

Cheers,
  Eduard Huguet