[mythtv-users] Transferring Edits to a New Mythbackend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jun 25 04:56:37 UTC 2007

On 06/25/2007 12:41 AM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 06/24/2007 10:16 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:
>>
>>> I've built a new backend box and have figured out how to transfer recordings
>>> from an older box to the new one. But I can't seem to get the edits I've made
>>> on those recordings to transfer as well. I've identified the 'recordedmarkup'
>>> entries that I'm pretty sure relate to the transferred recordings and imported
>>> them into the new mythconverg database. However, they don't have any effect
>>> when playing the transferred recordings on the new backend.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any suggestions on what I'm missing?
>>>
>> Sounds like you invented your own way of transferring recordings and
>> failed to transfer all of the right data...
>> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-23.html#ss23.7
>>
> Yes, Mike, I did my homework. I am aware of those pages. What I'd like to do
> is transfer *some* recordings but not all. Some recordings will be
> intentionally left on the old box. Are you able to help me?

The right way to do that is to transfer them all as described in 23.7
and delete the "extras" using mythfrontend's nice user-friendly
interface.  You could instead edit the restore.sql file to remove the
extras, but chances are, that's a lot more work (and would definitely be
error prone).

Regardless, it definitely sounds like you didn't get all of recordedseek
or something wasn't properly matched up in the transfer (i.e. hostnames
or something).  I'd be happy to help you once you've completed the steps
as described in the HOWTO.  If you don't want to do things that way, I
don't want to learn the way you're doing things, so you'll need to work
through it on your own.  (Not trying to be mean--just saying I have
other things to do with my time...)

Mike