[mythtv-users] Is there an Ubuntu "fixes" package repository?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jun 25 02:56:32 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 20:19 -0500, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Thanks for the heads up about mythtv-transcode-utils.  I'll get that
> patched up by next weeks set of packages.

Cool.

> I'm assuming you had just added the repository and
> sudo apt-get update
> sudo apt-get upgrade

Almost.  I found that pulled in some updates from feisty that I was just
not ready for yet, so I did:

apt-get install mythdvd mythtv-backend mythtv-common mythtv-frontend mythmusic mythvideo mythweb

I got that above list of packages from the previous "apt-get install"
which showed me all of the packages it was going to install.  I aborted
that previous "apt-get install" as it was showing some of the
aforementioned packages I was not ready for yet.

> for that to come up, correct?

Almost.  I'm pretty sure the result would have been the same.

> As for the mythweb htaccess, nothing changed packaging wise regarding
> that file.

Perhaps.  Does it need to be flagged as a configuration file so that
dpkg will do it's "keep the modified file or install the maintainer
version" dance?  Probably in fact things like the database server, user
account and password are all ripe to be debconf keys.

This list is probably not the right place for a few followup topics I
have WRT to mythbuntu.  Where can I float some use cases, ideas and
possibly solutions to mythbuntu in general?

b.

Brian J. Murrell