[mythtv-users] firewire capture alters standard cable display width

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Sun Jun 24 21:23:29 UTC 2007

I recently upgraded to all-HD, which went rather smoothly except for
one problem - capturing data over firewire works fine on HD channels,
but capturing standard def channels has the problem that the right
1/4-1/3 of the display is cropped out.  By fiddling around, I was able
to find that I could actually monitor the effect firewire had on the
display via a component connection directly from the cable box to the
TV, and actually watch the display switch from the "proper" display to
the cropped image by switching back and forth between 0 and 1
connections using plugctl and the n_p2p_connections or bcast_connection
flag.

I'm starting to think this is a firmware problem with the cable box
itself, but has anyone else seen this problem and know of a
fix/workaround?  The cable box is a motorola DCT6200, and I'm using
kernel 2.6.20-1.2952.fc6, if that helps/matters.

Thanks,
Tim