[mythtv-users] commflagging interrupts live tv

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 04:58:39 UTC 2007

> Do you have the option to start comm flagging when the recording starts
> set? That uses more cpu and disk access than the normal start after
> recording ends mode.. Either mode generates a lot of disk and mysql
> activity so chances are that you are running out of hard drive bandwidth
> during the flagging. Make sure you are configured to only allow one
> flagging process to run at once. Many people are forced to store the
> recordings on a different hard drive than the one holding the mysql
> database and operating system. If your computer is a bit slow, you might
> want to limit the flagging hours to not allow comm flagging during the
> hours you like to watch tv.

I appreciate the input, I have an Athlon 64 X2 3800 with 2 GB of dual
channel pc2 6400 and 360 Gb of SATA 3.0 Hard disk space.  During a
comm flagging I was topping and the cpu never went past 13% tops.  I
am going to migrate my DB to another server in the network and see if
that makes a difference.

I feel that my backend machine is more than ample, but one never knows.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at