[mythtv-users] Lirc "pauses" ?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 04:52:20 UTC 2007

> > > Thanks for that. Do you know if it's going to make it into the
> > > codebase or will we always have to change the source code and compile
> > > from source? It'd be great if it made it in for people like me who
> > > just like to install binary RPMs.
> >
> > The problem is -- they don't know why it breaks things.  We need more
> > people to try it and see if it fixes their problems.  (hint, hint)
>
> I think Christoph asked you to help him out by running the CVS version. He
> instrumented it, so that it will log useful information to syslog.
>
> Since he does not have the problem, he depends on you to help him out.
>
> This is not about proving that this modification makes it work (it may, or may
> not), but about understanding *why*.

Just an FYI on this. The "fix" hasn't made it into lirc version 0.8.2
which was recently released earlier in June. However, it looks like
some logging to /var/log/messages has been added so if the problem
happens again it should be possible to send that to the lirc devs for
them to see just what's going on. I've installed 0.8.2 from ATrpms so
I'll keep an eye out for the problem and check /var/log/messages.

Regards,
Phill