[mythtv-users] IMDB has TV listings.

Mattias Holmlund mattias.holmlund at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:05:16 UTC 2007

On 6/23/07, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> For those considering competing with TMS and TV Guide, you
> should look at the Swedish example. There MythTV and XMLTV
> devs created scrapers for each network and then approached
> the networks for permission to republish the data when they
> had a working example with that station.

Just a small correction: We always secure permission from the network
before I start writing code for that network. Once we have the
permissions in place, we get access to the network's press-site or
their e-mails to the press and we can import the data from there. Most
of the time, this data is "better" than the data published on their
public web-sites.

/Mattias

--
Mattias Holmlund