[mythtv-users] Problems with mythtv-setup

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Jun 23 19:14:42 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 23, 2007 at 02:05:35PM -0500, Phusion wrote:
> On 6/23/07, Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am using this on RHEL5. The drivers I am using are from atrpms
> > > and I have run mythtv-setup from a terminal in X-Windows.
> The same thing happens if I run mythtv-setup from a terminal in
> X-Windows or if I run it from the application menu in
> X-Windows. Where do you think the problem lies? Do you think it's
> RHEL5 specific or package specific? I used the mythtv packages from
> atrpms.

What happens when you run glxgears, is that already enough to nuke
your X session back to gdm?

Killing your X session should be a pure driver issue, and usually
happens when mixing packages and nvidia downloads.

Try nvidia-graphics-switch like

init 3
nvidia-graphics-switch
<choose which driver you want if there are multiple>
nvidia-graphics-switch <what you chose>
init 5

Make sure glxgeras, glxinfo work sanely before proceeding to mythtv.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net