[mythtv-users] No menu text in some themes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jun 23 16:29:39 UTC 2007

On 06/23/2007 09:58 AM, Juergen Botz wrote:
> I have a new install of mythtv from svn.  In some themes (G.A.N.T

Arial

> ,
> Titivillus

Trebuchet MS

> ) I don't get any menu text, just the Images.  The config
> dialogs /do/ show the text.  The Minimalist theme is fine.  There
> are no errors in the frontend log.  Am I missing some font or some-
> thing like that?
http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/ (or from your packager)

I'm not saying to install these, as I don't know whether doing so would
be legal for you.  But, if all else fails, you can simply edit
/usr{,/local}/share/mythtv/themes/{G.A.N.T,Titivillus}/ui.xml
(technically, you should edit *ui.xml) and change the font name as
desired.  Easy to fix with a global search and replace and a "close
enough" font.  A little more challenging to use a font that differs (as
you may have to fix container sizes, etc.), but doing so would allow you
to use your favorite font.

Mike