[mythtv-users] Unintelligent recording

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 20:43:37 UTC 2007

On 22/06/07, Ma Begaj <derliebegott at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up MythTv to start recording by default 10 minutes before the
> show and stop 10 minutes after the show, because many  shows
> start/stop a few minutes later or before, and this solution is working
> pretty nice.
>
> I wanted yesterday to record Prison Break, and a German channel was
> showing 2 episodes, 2nd episode starting right after the 1st.
>
> 1. 00.35 - 01.30
> 2. 01.30 - 02.35
>
> Two problems appeared here:
>
> 1.
> I marked 1st episode for recording, but when I tried to mark the 2nd
> episode, I saw the message, that the 2nd episode is overlapping with
> the 1st episode. I manually changed (set to zero) "stop recording
> time" (for the 1st show) and "start recording time" (for the 2nd
> show).
>
> It was not such a big deal to repair that manually, but it would be
> nice if the recorder could repair this alone:
>
> if there is not enough time between the following two recordings to
> include 10 minutes after 1st recording and 10 minutes before 1st
> recording:
> -> the recorder should either ignore these additional minutes

A popular question and scenario - search the archives for the
difference between using global pre/post-roll settings (soft options
that the scheduler does not honour, but can be used if the schedule
allows) and start early/end late rule settings (hard options that the
scheduler always uses, as you have seen, and can cause back-to-back
recordings to conflict).

> 2.
> 2nd problem is not really a problem, but feature which I miss ... I
> don't know how many people need this, but I need it pretty often. I
> will explain it on the example from above (Prison Break).
>
> The 1st recording should stop at 01.30, but it actually stopped at
> 01.25 and the 2nd recording started at 01.25 instead of 01.30.
>
> 2nd episode is now splitted in two files/recordings, it starts in the
> 1st recording and it ends in the 2nd. It would be nice to have a
> feature to concat these two recordings in one and to be able to split
> it later when the user is manually editing/commflagging the recording.

Work to achieve this is ongoing in the mythtv-multirec branch in SVN.

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/