[mythtv-users] Zap2It Labs, Google, Write them!

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jun 22 19:08:24 UTC 2007

Kevin Hulse wrote:
> 	Although I am looking around already and starting to develop
> my own scraper.

That's what xmltv is for.  At least work with them rather than writing
your own from scratch.

The problem is that (apparently) there is no longer a public listings
source online that provides show descriptions in an easily-accessible
format.  You'd be pulling down web pages for days.

Let us handle things for a few days.  A lot of people from different
projects are all talking together, and it's quite possible that we might
actually able to do our "jobs" and come up with a good solution for
everyone.  :)

I think that everyone involved would prefer NOT scraping the data, since
it's a slow painful process that is a pain to maintain, both for users
and developers.

-Chris