[mythtv-users] Mooting architecture for a DataDirect replacement

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Jun 22 18:08:46 UTC 2007

>On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 12:52:04PM -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:
> > Have you considered that there are a number of PVR services out
>> there that have designed and implemented solutions to distributing
>> guide data?
>
>As far as I know, they're all buying it from Tribune or Gemstar.

That's where they _acquire_ the data.  How do they _distribute_ it?

>We're trying to *replace* Tribune and Gemstar.
>
>>                 What does Tivo do? ReplayTV? Sage? EyeTV? Some of these
>> companies must employ clever people. I don't know what they've done
>> but someone does. Why don't wefind out and stand on their shoulders?
>
>Because they won't tell us?

Oh, so you've asked?  I was really thinking that a little snooping could tell us something about their processes.  And, yes, perhaps some of their employees might share the problems they faced and the solutions they have found to work.

But clearly, you've hit the optimal solution on your first swing and have no interest in hearing anything else.

Craig