[mythtv-users] Relax, Free up the list, They've always taken care of the community.

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Jun 22 15:40:55 UTC 2007

> I'm coming up on 1 year.
> My family just said, "Ditch the AT&T U-Verse, Where's our MythTV?!?!?!?!"
>
> Look, this isn't 1 person sitting in a closet developing this.
>
> There are MANY people, managing and contributing to I'm guessing several
> hundred thousands lines of code, with a user community of, oh I don't
> know,
> 20k-50k users?
>
> They KNOW that a huge majority will pay something if necessary.
> They KNOW that a huge majority will help out however they need to.
>
> They'll do a good job, and if they can't, they'll ask for help.
>
> Drop the list traffic, and let's get back to daily business.

Tomorrow is always a part of the daily business. That way you aren't
spending all of today putting out all the brush fires that could have
easily been avoided if only you had put a little thought into today
yesterday.

Liberating the guide would be a good longterm goal.

Although this seems to be more of a longterm campaign of persuasion.
Getting the ball rolling with any speed is going to be remarkably
difficult and almost certainly won't happen in the short term.

First we need to find out if the stations can even do it. More likely
than not there is some sort of contractual shenanigan with TMS.